itcher is the entertainment discovery app that solves the problem; What to do next in your free time? As time is our most valuable asset, there is nothing worse than wasting it on searching for entertainment and then not even enjoying the discoveries. itcher solves this problem. itcher generates recommendations for movies, TV shows, books, music and games personalized to each user’s taste.
It can solve the Friday night problem, when a couple is sitting on the sofa trying to agree upon which movie to watch together. Itcher’s ‘Couple Recommendation’ saves relationships.
Google is a fan of ours. Google invited us to be the launch partner for Google Home in their movie vertical and presented us at CES (Las Vegas) in Jan-2018 at their stand (https://vimeo.com/252864570 )
This role will include a combination of strategy, business development, marketing and product related activities, with the key objective being to grow our relationships with prospective partners.
On a day-to-day basis, the focus may shift depending upon new opportunities and initiatives that arise.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Potential projects for itcher strategy:
- Be part of M&A project evaluation. It includes modelling, research and preparation of findings
- Research and report on competitive landscape and how to maneuver with itcher to best Identify and contact prospective B2B partners.
- Identify and contact prospective B2B partners:
- OTT operators and service providers
- other content delivery platforms
- Inflight Entertainment Operators
- Cinema chains
- Matchmaking applications, such as dating, friend finders, etc
- Others with whom there is a natural synergy with itcher
- Manage and maintain communications in HubSpot with both prospective partners and those with whom we are actively in discussions
- Keep HubSpot current and up to date with all BD activities
- Monitor and communicate competitor activity
- Set up news alerts and report relevant news immediately to the management
- Seek out and be aware of how and where the latest digital innovations could apply to itcher
Retention & Engagement (B2C)
- Draft, produce and distribute (through Mailchimp) the itcher Newsletter on a bi-weekly, or weekly basis (as per requested by the management)
- Develop a push notification strategy, including automatic triggers to optimize engagement with existing users
- Draft, publish and distribute relevant content articles on the itcher Magazine, as well as across all itcher marketing channels
- Manage all itcher social media channels including Facebook and Twitter, activity frequency: one update per week per platform.
- Vlogging – 3-4 videos per week
- Forum posts about itcher’s product, problems it solves; one per day on average
- Lead outreach to journalists and “influencers” to educate on itcher, and the overall proposition (e.g. solving a ubiquitous problem in the market)
- Announce Couple Recommendations and other new features to our user base, as well as to the press as relevant
- All digital products, apps, etc need to constantly improve their engagement and retention. This is one part of the intership
- Review how other apps improve their retention and recommend best practices for itcher (we probably have gone through most ideas, but for the search of the “holy grail” all stones need to be unturned
- Look into the itcher funnel and suggest improvements
- Suggest changes to UI and UX
- Identify potential partners who could be interested in leveraging itcher’s Voice UI platform for content discovery
- Review if there could be an application for voice within an inflight entertainment environment (e.g. with a prospective relevant partner)
- Evaluate current Voice UI product and compare against other similar products in the market (benchmarking).
Logistics and Administration:
- Any ad hoc tasks that the management may have; preparation for meetings, conferences, preparing meeting minutes, bookings, etc.
- All tasks shall be highlighted, prioritised and tracked in ToDoist on a daily basis
- A weekly/daily report should be shared, highlighting the activities and accomplishments from the previous period
- Most, sometimes all, work will be done remotely. Work may be completed at Google Campus London or in Dubai
- Must haves: energetic, hands-on-attitude and keen interest to drive results
- Passion for digital and Internet businesses with a sparkling positive attitude
- Strong initiative to drive tasks over the “finishing line” without supervision
- Experience in similar roles will be of advantage
- Ability to understand business and technical concepts (often common sense) and to make good business decisions
- Passionate focus on customers and their requirements
- Strong analytical skills; ability to summarise findings and make recommendations based on numbers
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English (written and spoken). Additional languages are a plus.
- You should not have a “9 to 5” -attitude
- Creative and innovative thinker, with a sales-driven approach
Please apply by sending your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Beyond the CV and CL, screening questions / tasks will be the next step in the application process. Finally there will be interviews with management. Good luck!